Wednesday, September 07, 2005

mama drama

Am I really supposed to act like it's not a big deal that my mother hasn't been to NYC since 02/98 and is coming to town tomorrow? I don't think I can pretend that's normal and fine with me.

Here's how things have changed...

In 02/98 I:
--still worked as a diamond dealer during the fall and winter and as the publicity director of BSC in the summer
--had just moved into my apartment on Riverside Drive, which was basically unfurnished (I still slept in the loft and didn't have my world famous barn table or even a couch)
--was either just about to or had just finished dating Ken (I think I blocked it out 'cause I can't remember)
--had only seen about five Broadway shows
--weighed about 10 pounds more than I do now (that's a lot when you're barely 5'2")
--still read scripts and novels for film companies
--had never published an article (just stories and poems)

Whatever. I have to get over it.

I hereby vow that if I ever have kids, I'm going to treat little Derek Jeter Beaton and Hideki Matsui Beaton right and not neglect, ignore, compete with or put them down.

Um. OK.

rant over

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home